INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE 2021 – GLOBAL VILLAGE: SHELTER FOR RESILIENT LIVING
8-10th of December 2021.
FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE IN BELGRADE
We are living in a Refugee World running away from ourselves. Constant movement is our pressure and release: We are nomads. Can global village be the shelter for us? Is it a new paradigm for architecture and planning?
Networks of local and traditional patterns and forms of living are breaking down. It can be said that in this context, “iconic nomads” are formed and mature as spokespersons of local cultures. They are bearers of collective and personal identity and as such participate in creating a global village, incorporating elements of diversity and establishing new socio-cultural networks. The conference will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this paradigm at the architectural, urban-morphological, technological and planning level.
Thematic sessions of the conference are:
1. Architecture of/for iconic nomads: patterns, forms, systems.
2. Organizing and arranging the global village: development instruments and models;
3. Resilient ways of living in global risks – COVID
4. Modern technologies in risk management of territories,
5. Forms of movement and mobility management in the global village.
SPECIAL BENEFITS OF THE CONFERENCE: PAPERS THAT FULFILL STANDARDS WILL BE PUBLISHED IN JOURNALS: TOWN PLANNING REVIEW, Liverpool University Press, PHLOGISTON Museum of Science and Technology